They say the day is filled with the love and it has something to do with some guy named Valentine.
I googled on his name and found that the poor fella is dead long time back(Ironically, the first link that google shows you is of The History Channel). I was sort of relieved that
Mr. Valentine is dead otherwise his effigies would be burning today, instead of roses his effigy would be beaten by Hawai Chappals.
As I read more about the day it appeared that its just a legend, this Valentine guy. None of the stories are confirmed. The only thing which is confirmed is that this legend is quite a romantic figure. So every year in the memory of this great legend we celebrate the festival of love.
Few says if you propose on the Valentine's day in a leap year, you will definetly succeed and you are most likely to get married too(FYI 2008 is the next leap year......get ready guys!!)
Few more says its just the marketing strategy of all the Archies and Hallmarks to boost up their sales.
For today's youth.....hmmmm...no... let me rephrase for todays love birds(Married and Engaged not applicable) it is the most special day of the whole year(apart from the partner's B'Day).
They are awake till 12 Midnight on the Valentine's eve so that they can wish their lovers at the very stroke of the midnight. They buy expensive gifts and send cards to the loved ones(if they are not in the same town).
You might be thinking this guy doesn't have anyone to spend his day(The Valentine's Day) with, that is why he is arguing about the day.
Well I must say you are fifty percent right. But it also saddens me that these love birds dont celebrate Mother's or Father's or Brother's or Sister's day with the same zeal. Just one question to all of you...
In 2006 when is
Father's day, Mother's day, Sister's Day, Brother's Day, Family Day??
Ok I know you have google for all but you are least inetersted in celebrating those.
Lets leave that topic..I feel like I am some Moral Inspector of the society.
Now the needs of the masses are needed to be fullfilled. Many of you who are reading this article are in a similar situation like me.
The Love Day and......No GirlFriend(in the near vicinity).....No Girl who is a friend(And Single and available for Date)....well I got few things in mind for you to do(I might not be doing all of them but still.....). So here is the list of what to do on this Day of Love:
1. Love your Country ........ Watch Rang De Basanti!!!( Atleast twice)
2. Love your Parents ......... No no dont watch K3G ...just give them a call.
3. Love your Siblings ........ Call them too.
4. Love your Work ........ Finish this article and GO BACK TO YOUR WORK!!
5. Love your Life .......... Get some beer and chak de phatte!!!!!!!
Now the list of what not to do:
1. Hate all girls who rejected you ...... They keep coming back(if they are not married yet).
2. Hate the guy who stole your GF ....... Find someone from whom you can steal!!!
3. Stalk some gals ....... This will get you in Trouble(Boyfriends and Police are the likely enemies)
4. Blame God for the day ..... Pray to GOD that you don't have to read this article next year.
5. Hate the day itself .... Well you watched a good movie.....talked to your loved ones and then did balle balle with beer.....why hate the day??
They say love is in the air......and I also heard that love is toxic(....love zeher hai).......
I guess its just another very POLLUTED day!!!